Sicily : Marina di Ragusa
I will be running a second Yoga retreat in Sicily between 14-19 April 2020.
Take time out to get away from the hustle and bustle of daily life and unwind with us on this spring retreat at Villa Chiara in sunny Sicily.
‘Enjoy filling your days with scheduled Yoga classes, take a leisurely walk along the beach, join an organised trip out to local baroque towns of Modica and Scicili, book a relaxing Thai Yoga Massage or simply unwind in the sun.’
Join Sally-Ann Raffell on this retreat to explore how to adopt a kind and mindful approach to taking care of the body through the practice of intuitive based Yoga. Restore and realign both mind and body whilst enjoying one of Sicily's most beautiful coastlines.
During your stay with us in the sunny Sicily you will have the opportunity to salute the sun on the outside deck overlooking the sea, nourish body and soul through delicious home cooked vegetarian food, wander along the water's edge of the wide sandy beach and relax under the sinking sun with like-minded company.
Find union between mind and body. Find a place of eternal presence…
Focus for the Yoga Retreat – 14-19 April 2020
This retreat is open to anyone who has some knowledge of Yoga and would like to deepen their existing practice or simply experience a new approach, whilst enjoying the relaxed environment and surroundings of this beautiful Sicilian villa.
During the retreat we will be drawing on the teaching influences of Vanda Scaravelli to explore an intuitive based, stress-free approach to Yoga practice that works with the body to restore health, vitality and energy.
“in this teaching there are no achievements and no results. It consists simply in the cleansing and revival of the body and the reawakening of the spine. This purification will give us health and a chance of healing whatever may not be right with the body”
Awakening of the Spine
Villa Chiara is a private, luxurious family villa in the popular seaside resort of Marina di Ragusa, on the beautiful south coast of Sicily. With spectacular views out over stunning coastline, the villa is a ten minute walk away from the sea front and fifteen minutes away from the buzz of the main piazza and it's cafés, restaurants and shops.
The main villa is a magnificent modern villa with a spacious 70 square meter deck and patio and is surrounded by a lush private garden.
Accommodation is spread between Villa Chiara and it's attached neighbour and comprises of six single occupancy rooms, each with a double bed. There are five shared bathrooms with a mixed range of baths and showers.
Meals are taken in the light, wide open plan kitchen, with views all around the garden.
Yoga throughout the week
- Arrival and settle-in from 3pm, post journey Yoga session at 5.30pm followed by supper and evening welcome session.
- Five mornings of workshop-style Yoga followed by lunch.
- Shorter wind-down sessions late afternoon followed by supper.
- Yoga sessions take place on the outside deck with views out over Marina Di Ragusa and the sea, in the garden or inside the villa where appropriate.
Food and Accommodation
- The retreat offers full board and accommodation in single occupation rooms.
- There will be three meals per day, except for one evening when there will be an organized meal out, with an opportunity to sample local food and give the chef a well-deserved evening off. Home cooked vegetarian meals are the theme for the week with a Mediterranean slant, which will include a light, self serve breakfast before morning practice, lunch with a selection of delicious fresh salads and a two-course supper after late afternoon practice. Options can be made available for gluten/dairy free and vegan guests.
- Coffee and a selection of teas are always available and guests have the facility for making their own.
- There are chairs and tables outside on the sunny terraces with magnificent views and if you need to keep in touch with the outside world, there are plenty of Wifi hotspots to tap into.
Travel to and from the venue
- Travel to Sicily is not included but there is a free transfer available from the airport to the villa.
- Request details of suggested flights.
Single Occupancy £750
- Yoga tuition (2 sessions per day)
- 3 meals per day (one evening will be out)
- Complementary tea and coffee
- Transfer from Catania Airport
- Travel to Sicily
- Meal out
UNFORTUNATELY THIS RETREAT IS FULLY BOOKED FOR 2020!!.