South of France : Château du Fraissinet
I will be running a new Yoga retreat in the sunny South of France
between 8 - 13 June 2020.
Take time out to get away from the hustle and bustle of daily life and unwind with us on this early summer retreat at Château du Fraissinet in the beautiful South of France.
The marriage of Yoga and travel is a uniquely transformative experience which allows students to escape the pressures and commitments of everyday life for a little while, carving out space to simply 'BE'.
Join Sally-Ann Raffell on this retreat to explore a unique and transformational intuitive based approach to Yoga, with an opportunity to explore and gain a deeper understanding of movement through the focus on the spine, gravity and breath.
Recharge batteries, feel nurtured and nourished, reconnect with self without the distractions of usual routine and return home feeling more relaxed and grounded. Restore and realign both mind and body whilst enjoying the unspoilt beauty of the Cevennes National Park and the River Gardon.
Focus for the Yoga Retreat – 8-13 June 2020
This retreat is open to anyone who has some knowledge of Yoga and would like to deepen their existing practice or simply experience a new approach, whilst enjoying the relaxed surroundings of this beautiful château.
During the retreat we will be drawing on the teaching influences of a Vanda Scaravelli inspired practice to explore an intuitive based, stress-free approach to Yoga that works with the body's natural intuition to restore health, vitality and energy.
“in this teaching there are no achievements and no results. It consists simply in the cleansing and revival of the body and the reawakening of the spine. This purification will give us health and a chance of healing whatever may not be right with the body”
Awakening of the Spine
Château du Fraissinet is a pretty, rustic country house which has been nestling in its beautiful valley for at least four centuries. It is mentioned in the annals of 1640 as a fortified farm presided over by a Seigneur. Situated on the edge of the wild, mountainous Cevennes National Park and bordered by the river Gardon, the stunning six acre grounds have lots of quiet corners to explore.
Yoga classes take place on the Yoga Terrace with views of trees and river, or in the dedicated Yoga studio with lots of natural light. Guests enjoy cooling off in the 11m x 5m pool, fed by spring water from the source and cleaned by UVC light to keep chemicals and chlorine to an absolute minimum.
Read in the shade of the hundred-year-old chestnut and plane trees, salute the sun on the Yoga Terrace or take a cushion to the river bank and meditate on the myriad tiny fishes and the play of sunlight on the water. This is real countryside and light pollution is minimal. When night falls you will love star-gazing and planet-spotting and often, on a clear night, will see the Milky Way.
Yoga throughout the week
- Arrival and settle-in from 3pm, post journey Yoga session at 5.30pm followed by supper and evening welcome session.
- Five mornings of Yoga followed by lunch.
- Shorter wind-down sessions late afternoon followed by supper.
- Yoga classes take place on the Yoga Terrace with views of trees and the river or in the dedicated Yoga studio, which is a lovely space full of natural light.
- Yoga mats, blocks, bolsters and straps are provided for ease of travel.
Other activities available
- Other activities at Château du Fraissinet include hiking in the hills, swimming in the pool, kayaking on the river Cèze, paddle-boarding on the local lake, visiting the nearby market or relaxing by the pool or chilling in the shade of the ancient plane trees. The retreat aims to offer choices, so everything is optional. Simply choose from the activities on offer to create a personal mix that allows you to feel refreshed and rejuvenated.
Food and Accommodation
- The retreat offers full board and accommodation with the option of shared (twin/double) or single occupation available.
- There will be three meals per day, except for one evening when there will be an organized meal out (not included), with an opportunity to sample local food and give the chef a well-deserved evening off. The château provides home cooked vegetarian meals with a Mediterranean slant, which will include a light breakfast before morning practice, lunch with a selection of delicious fresh salads and a three-course supper after late afternoon practice. Options can be made available for gluten/dairy free and vegan guests.
- Coffee and a selection of teas are always available and guests have the facility for making their own.
- There are chairs and tables outside on the terraces, surrounded by trees and birds and if you need to keep in touch with the outside world, there are plenty of Wifi hotspots to tap into.
Travel to and from the venue
- Travel is not included but we are working on simplifying travel arrangements and once we have a better idea of numbers, we will be in a better position to offer guidance.
- There is a free transfer available from local train station Grand Combe.
- Request details of suggested flights and local cab firms - nearest airports are Nimes and Montpellier.
Double/Twin Share £595
Single Occupancy £695
- Yoga tuition (2 sessions per day)
- 3 meals per day (except one evening out)
- Complementary tea and coffee
- All yoga equipment needed
- Transfer from the local train station
- Kayaking and any other extra activities
- Thai Yoga Massage
NOTE - IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT ALL GUESTS PURCHASE THEIR OWN TRAVEL INSURANCE FOR THIS TRIP.
Package A: 8-13 June 2020
A non-refundable deposit of £100 will be required to book your space, with the balance being due by 31st March 2020
Please email email@example.com to confirm availability and book.